Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itai

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2011
NYC
I just received a new macbook pro from work with Lion on it, and from some reason I cant configure the outgoing email font to be what I want. I went to the preferences and changed under "fonts and colors" all the fonts to be what I want, but from some reason, people keep getting my emails with the font Time New Romans, which I cant seem to see anywhere and I never set up myself.

I tried to delete the indices files from the Library folder (saw somewhere that it may restart things for Mail) but that did not work. This is super frustrating, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I just received a new macbook pro from work with Lion on it, and from some reason I cant configure the outgoing email font to be what I want. I went to the preferences and changed under "fonts and colors" all the fonts to be what I want, but from some reason, people keep getting my emails with the font Time New Romans, which I cant seem to see anywhere and I never set up myself.
If you select a font that the recipient doesn't have installed on their system, a font will be substituted on their end. You don't have control over what fonts your recipients may have.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
It's safe to say that you can't count on people receiving any formatting in emails, beyond the actual text. That is determined at the discretion of the receiving email system. Basically, you can't control what they see with any certainty.

jW

itai

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2011
NYC
cool stuff everyone, I think you all got on something. it's on an exchange and some folks are using outlook on PCs so may not have Calibri I guess..?i dont know, but anyway, at least i know its not a problem with my Mail app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.