problem with MBP no waking from sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mr. buttons, Feb 21, 2008.

1. mr. buttons macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have been having problems with my MBP not waking from sleep. I find this extremely frustrating as I have to manually force a shut down every time this happens. Is there any solution to this?

Also I have istat pro and it seems from these forums that istat is the problem. How do I uninstall the istat pro widget program because it is messin up my MBP. I tried just deleting it from the widget tab but that does not seem to work?

thanks for the help

2. dj420118 macrumors regular

To delete the widget go to dashboard, press the plus button on the bottom left hand corner, click manage widgets, and then go through the list to iStat Pro and click the red MINUS button to delete.

there ya go

3. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

4. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

This has been happening more regularily to me too. Also only since I have installed iStat. Someone on some forum said that disabling just the network monitoring features of iStat would do the trick, but it did not in my case.

This only happens to me when I try to wake it from a long sleep.

I will deinstall iStat tonight also.

5. sailorbear macrumors newbie

Is the consensus iStat?

I got a brand new MBP and iStat was one of the first things I installed and it's been doing the sleep thing.

I guess I'll uninstall it. Any recommendation on a similar widget that monitors the system as well as iStat does?

6. dough134 macrumors newbie

I stopped using iStat after reading a bunch of these threads, and the problem where my MBP refuses to wake from sleep still happens. Seems slightly less often though possibly?

7. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

I've been having funky power issues too - not waking from sleep, battery not charging, etc... I guess I will try this iStat thing. :confused:

8. Rojo024 macrumors member

I've got the same sleep problem on a MBP 2.0 Core duo. I actually had to restart just before this posting.

What are the symptoms your having? I get a black screen with just a mouse pointer that is active. My bluetooth mouse can control it as well. Is this the same issue that is being discussed in this thread?

I am also running iStat pro.

9. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I get just a blank screen, no mouse control. The keyboard is active in most cases ( you can caps lock on and off etc.)

Just removed iStat, guess I will know in the morning if it worked:)

10. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

It worked. Deinstalling the iStat widget stopped the sleep problem. For the first time in many days the MBP woke itself up, snappily. Screen included.

Bummer for iStat.

11. soccerjoe5 macrumors regular

12. paenguin macrumors member

paenguin

13. DjAndy macrumors newbie

14. soccerjoe5 macrumors regular