Problem with MBP screen coming out of sleep mode

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by markw10, Mar 8, 2008.

1. markw10 macrumors 6502

My fiancee just had an odd problem start with her MBP a couple days ago. When she closes the screen to transport her laptop and then reopens the screen it doesn't come out of sleep mode properly. I thought at first it was simply staying in sleep mode but you can hear the sounds when you press any keys so I think the computer itself is out of sleep mode but the screen stays dark. The only way we can fix it is to hold down the power button a few seconds to turn the computer off and restart it. I thought it was a one time thing but it has happened every 5 or so times she's closed her laptop the last couple times. Any idea what's causing this? She hasn't made any changes with software or hardware lately and is using the latest Leopard 10.5.2 and all patches.

2. Salty Pirate macrumors 6502

Salty Pirate

some people think it may be caused by the istat widget. If you have that installed, you might try disabling the widget and see if that helps.

3. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Wake

I used to have the istat widget installed and even after I took it off my MBP is still doing the same thing.. I don't think it's that, but something that hopefully another software update can take care of.

James

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Someone explain how iStat causes this.

5. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

This has happened a couple times to me as well. I just grab a flashlight to shine on the screen so I can see the login window. Once I get there and login I can turn the brightness up.