Problem with Mighty Mouse Backing...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sapauley21, Feb 4, 2010.

1. sapauley21 macrumors newbie

sapauley21

Hey guys...

Up until recently I have really loved the Mighty Mouse..It is perfect for what I need it to do...But about a week ago the battery backing for some reason fell off when I picked it up...now everyday it falls off when I pick it up...I know I have the backing on correctly so I dont know what the problem is...

Has anyone else had any problems with their battery backing?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

If it's under warranty, take it to an Apple Store and they should give you a new one on the spot. (Or a Magic Mouse if you're really lucky. :) )

3. sapauley21 thread starter macrumors newbie

sapauley21

I actually meant to say Magic Mouse..I was just reading something about the mighty mouse ... Since I live 90 miles from the closest apple store will bestbuy take it?...or do you think they would send me one and me send this one back to them?

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I don't think Best Buy will do so, but an Apple-certified repair shop should. As for mailing it, I think so, but you'll have to ask. My friend had hard drive troubles and Apple sent him a replacement, billed his credit card, then refunded the bill when the damaged drive arrived. I imagine it'd work similarly in your case.

5. sapauley21 thread starter macrumors newbie

sapauley21

well the only reason I even mention Best Buy is because that is where I bought it...so I wasn't sure...

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

They sell Macs, but I don't think they service them. You can try, though.

Sorry I'm not doing too well with definite answers here. We're a bit outside my area of expertise.