problem with mp3

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jinmeister, May 21, 2008.

1. jinmeister macrumors newbie

i just recently got my mac. when i plug in my mp3 (samsung k-3) the air does not recognize it. what do i need to download?! i've been looking for usb drives but could not find any. :-(

2. crobbins macrumors 6502

It could be Windows only..typically I thought those things worked like flash drives though..I don't know why it wouldn't work unless it is formatted in an some way in which the Mac can't read it..

3. wordy macrumors regular

wordy

I don't know that device. Are you usually able to simply drag & drop .mp3 files or do you have to use some sort of software to transfer files to the device? If you needed software in the past, I'd guess it was some sort of DRM that the mac doesn't understand.

4. todd2000 macrumors 68000

It's not officially supported in OS X. I did find this this though http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27338, which implies there is a Firmware update out there that will make it work, but I'll be darned if I could find it. Sounds like you got some investigating to do.

Happy Googling :)

Or you could of course just join that forum, and as the guy where he got the Firmware. :)