Problem with MS Word

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iPhonelover2010, Aug 28, 2011.

1. iPhonelover2010 macrumors member

Hi guys, I bought a macbook pro last year (running OS X 10.6.8). When I got it last year, there was an update that I performed for MS word, and right after that update, I started noticing the following problem: let's say I have two ms word files open (file 1 and file 2). I'm looking at file 1, and file 2 is minimized at the dock. If I click on file 2 at the dock to bring it up, it'll start to come up but as soon as its up, my mac will automatically revert back to file 1. So pretty much, file 1 and 2 are both maximized, but file 1 is on top of file 2. I have to minimize file 1 to get to file 2 behind it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

2. eji macrumors 6502

eji

I've noticed this problem too. It's just a quirk of Word. I usually have to do something like Exposé (or Mission Control in Lion) to view them both and click on the one I want. The awful thing is that Mission Control now only lets same-app windows peek out from behind one another, which makes it more of a pain to select the one I want.

The are other quirks of Word too. Like the basic copy and paste that will cause Word 2011 to beachball; or the way both Word 2008 and 2011 sometimes arbitrarily decrease window size when clicking on a document that's been minimized in the dock. Lots of fun.

When I get a particularly frustrating string of them, I wind up ranting on my Twitter feed. It's clear that MS doesn't listen, so I might as well seek commiseration. Welcome to the club!