Problem with my 3G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LSUtigers03, Nov 3, 2008.

1. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

The phone got stuck at the loading screen and kept shutting off after awhile and loading again but it never loaded. I was just going to restore with Quickpwn because I kept getting the 1600 error in itunes (I'm on 2.1). Everything was going fine until Quickpwn finished. The phone reset and now it is stuck on the loading screen again. Is there anything I can do?

2. DN7335 macrumors 6502

See if you can get it into DFU mode, then restore it with official firmware. Once you do that, you can start the jailbreak process again.

3. LSUtigers03 thread starter macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I tried DFU mode first but that didn't work. For some reason putting it in the normal recovery mode worked and I was able to restore it this morning. That may be because I had used Quickpwn but the phone didn't fully reset. It was weird when I restored with itunes it was already jailbroken after the resotre was finished. I'm not sure what happened but I've gotten it working again.

4. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Normally a restore will undo a jailbreak, but I've seen reports of random devices still being jailbroken, even after firmware updates, but no one really knows how that happens.

That's the thing about hacked software. You never know what odd side-effects you may experience. ;)

I think that this shows us that there is potential for the possibility that one day we may be able to udpate our devices, without having to redo our mods. :)