Problem With My 4 Month Old C2d Santa Rosa Macbook Pro...can I Get It Replaced?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by p01ntbLanK, Jan 2, 2008.

1. p01ntbLanK macrumors newbie

ive had my macbook pro (c2d santa rosa) for about 4 1/2 months. just today, i noticed that when i close the lid, it doesnt close all the way on the sides. its latched in, but there is a gap on the left and right sides that wobble. this kind of thing really bothers me as ive paid over $2000 and want a flawless machine. i know this isnt a big deal, but it just bothers me. would apple do anything about this? can they replace the screen for me or something? another thing i want to add about this macbook pro is that when placed on a flat surface, the entire laptop sometimes wobbles. it doesnt stay put even though there are rubber things on the 4 corners. so with both of these "problems", will apple replace my macbook pro for a new one under the warranty? what can i do about these problems? please help. thanks.

2. Collin973 macrumors 6502

I don't think apple repairs little "cosmetic" issues like that. I might be wrong, but I think the warranty really is for the "performance" of the machine, not necessarily the case. The wobble of the entire laptop might be under warranty, but I'd be surprised if the screen is. There's nothing wrong with the performance of the screen right?

I hope you get your issues resolved though...

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

That happens so frequently that I'd almost say that it's normal. Not saying that a $2000 laptop should do that, just that I've seen that in almost every PowerBook/MacBook Pro that I've run across.

4. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

My 10 day old MacBook Pro does the same thing. It really bothers me but I doubt Apple will do much about it. I do agree thought that a $2,000 laptop shouldn't have silly problems like that.

5. tmoney468 macrumors 6502

With regards to your first problem about the screen not being level, I remember reading another thread where someone suggested putting a somewhat heavy book on the top of the screen when it's closed over night...it will usually fix the problem since aluminum is flexible. I would put some sort of microfiber cloth or a piece of paper it between the screen and the keyboard before you try this though. Mine has a certain amount of gap on both sides so I may try this as well.