Problem with my i4 flash - wrong position? (picture)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alphaspida, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Alphaspida macrumors member

The flash on my phone is not really centered, and looks like it is higher than where it should be. This creates uneven lighting when I use my flash in dark places.

Here is a simple picture with flash. The dark part of the picture is the top of the phone.
    [​IMG]

You can kind of see the LED flash out of place.
    [​IMG]

I'm wondering if I can unscrew the back and move the LED lower? Does it void anything?

2. AJerman macrumors member

No pic.

Check with iFixit though. In the past iPhones have had no seal or anything to show that you opened it up, so you very well may be able to open it and re-position it.

I'd just go to the Apple store and ask for a new one though so you don't have to worry about it. If they don't have any replacements (though they usually keep extra replacements even if they don't have any for new sales), then you could try fixing it yourself.

3. Alphaspida thread starter macrumors member

Uploaded pics. Sorry for lateness.

I got my phone through an AT&T store, but can I still go to an apple store?

And I'll check iFixit thanks

4. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

No all repairs and replacements usually have to be done through Apple. Just see if a "Genius" can either seat the flash properly and if not ask for a replacement. Keep those pictures on the phone for quick reference

5. Alphaspida thread starter macrumors member

Is it okay to remove the back glass and try and reseat it myself? Is it hard?

6. andy9l macrumors 68000

I would strongly suggest just going to an Apple store. Taking the back off is the beginning to a badly ending story.

7. Alphaspida thread starter macrumors member

I just took it off; followed a youtube video. It was surprisingly easy.

I managed to move the flash lower, but it would not stay. It would just keep going back to the same position. It's attached to the camera.