Problem with my iPhone 2G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bursty, Aug 30, 2008.

1. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

I have a dead pixel and a permanent "smudge" under the screen of my iPhone 2G. This should be covered under warranty, but what will they do about it? Give me a refurb 2G? Force me to buy a new 3G? Or perhaps give me a 3G????

Any ideas?

2. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

out get 2g no upgrade. I asked at the store and told you get what you have

3. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

What do you mean by "smudge"? I know there has to be at least several dead pixels to warrent a replacement, but on my 2g iphone it had 2 dead pixels and I was able to get it replaced the next day.

Not sure how the policy has changed in the past year.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Should get a replacement v1 iPhone. They still have them at the San Francisco, California, Apple Store, since I brought one of the Cal students in for a replacement b/c his screen was frozen...:(

5. bursty thread starter macrumors 6502a

bursty

Hard to explain, its like a permanent finger smudge. I noticed it when I first got it but just figured my greasy fingers left a print on the screen. But it just wont clean off. Its only really visible on completely white screens but its there and its soo annoying. Oh well, I'll see if they'll warranty it.

6. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Yeah bring it in and have it looked at. No reason not to, unless you live several miles from an apple store.