problem with my iphone not turning back on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by huskerwr38, Jul 25, 2008.

1. huskerwr38 macrumors member

A couple of times my iphone won't turn back on after it goes into sleep mode. The only way to fix this is when I plug my charger back into it. I took it to the apple store and they said that if it keeps doing it then they will just schedule an appointment with a mac genius to see whats wrong with it. Anyone else have this problem?

2. huskerwr38 thread starter macrumors member

gee, thanks :(

3. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

i had a similar problem on one of my phones, but was able to remedy it. simply turn off your phone (by holding the sleep button for a few seconds). leave it off for maybe 5 minutes, then turn the phone back on. you should be good after that.

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

cantankerously answered your question
    and i also dont have this problem

5. cantankerously macrumors regular

Hey, you wanted answers.

Was your phone always doing this? I would reset it back to OEM and see if it still has issues. It might be a 3rd party application not allowing it to wake up for some reason.

6. likegadgets macrumors 6502

If you are using a case, try it without the case. I had a problem with a bad case covering some sensors.

7. macfearless macrumors regular

finally, someone with the same problem (not that I'm happy for you ;)) I've also had this problem, and while it's only happened a couple of times, it's pretty annoying and inconvenient. I went to the apple store yesterday and spoke with a "Genius" *ahem* and he said that their store had not heard of any problem like this. Then he told me to update the software, and that maybe the software it came with is an old version!? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no update yet for 2.0, right? Either way, not to call him out, we agreed to a complete restore if it happens again. We'll see, and it sucks too because I thought I had one of the good one, with the exception of the 5 iZits...:rolleyes:

8. huskerwr38 thread starter macrumors member

Okay, I hope I don't have to come to that. But, I don't have a case or anything. I sent a text, pushed the home screen, then pushed the sleep button. 30 minutes later, I pushed the home button and nothing. I pressed and held the power/sleep button for about a minute, nothing. So I took it to the Apple store, they plugged it in and it popped back on. Same thing happened that night before I went to bed. Then I plugged it back in and it popped back on. Hopefully they update the 2.0 software soon.