Problem with Nascar 2003 for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ©Apple, Aug 19, 2009.

1. ©Apple macrumors newbie

Today I was looking on my Imac and I found Nascar 2003. I played this game a lot. But today I found a problem and maybe you can help me. This game works fine in the menu but when you go to the track and give it gas right when it makes the first sound it will close out and say Nascar 2003 has quit blah blah blah. I go to a different track and some times the same thing will happen or it will at some other time if I go back to the pits or just drive around. Sometimes it will work for about 5 minutes. I was able to get in a 5 lap race but that is it. Also before it will close out the sound will not sound like it should. I removed the game and installed it on again still the same problem. Here is my specs.

Mac Os X
    Verison 10.5.7
    Processor 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 2.5 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Are you using the latest version? And have you successfully played it on Leopard before?

(Side note: this thread is already the second Google search result for "nascar 2003 leopard".)

3. ©Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:

I think it is the latest Nascar but I will need to check. Should I update mac to 10.5.8? I installed this game when 10.5 came out and it was fine. Should I use the 3D audio setting?