iPhone 6(S)(+) Problem with network connection.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bostonglobephone, Mar 7, 2018.

1. bostonglobephone macrumors newbie

I have an Iphone 6S that when I put in my new sim card from a carrier I just signed up with, I have two carriers and I often change between the two cards. I lost the first sim card in the process of changing them so I ordered a new one, when it came in the mail I put it in my phone, started it up and then went through the process of activating it on my friends phone. After I activated it I restarted the phone and the phone shows that I have a full 4G connection but when I try to use the internet it always says that I don't have a connection. I tried with all my apps, youtube/browser/facebook/etc. So I called the provider and they took me though all the standard things, resetting network settings, restarting the phone, verifying APN settings, and all the like at the end they told me it was an issue with the phone and that I needed to contact apple.

Things I tried after the call, I put the SIM in my friends android phone and it worked, then I put it in my other friends Iphone 7 and it worked. The other carrier SIM works, it is just this new SIM that does not work.

2. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001

Make a screenshot on your friends phone 7 while using the sim of settings > mobile data > mobile data network

Than use this in your phone

3. bostonglobephone thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, when my friend gets back I will give this a shot.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 8, 2018 ---
    The settings are the exact same on both phones. I tried a reset on the network settings and everything. Still doesn't work in my phone.

4. maerz001 macrumors 65816

maerz001