Problem with new iMac and photos

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kenknotts, Sep 28, 2013.

1. kenknotts macrumors 6502

I have a 2013 iMac with a 2.9GHz i5 8GB RAM running 10.8.4 Its only like 3 months old. Im having issues with JPEGS ghosting I guess you would say. I see the file numbers but there is no thumbnail of the photo. I have to restart my computer about once a week. As soon as I restart, they all show up again. Any ideas?

2. Bear macrumors G3

First, if it's 3 months old, it's a late 2012 model. Second, where are you looking that you don't see the thumbnails? Finder or a photo program?

3. kenknotts thread starter macrumors 6502

Anywhere. My desktop, my external drives, folders...anywhere there is a JPEG photo. I can click on a photo album with hundreds of JPEGS and all that shows is the numbers, you cant see the pics. I get nothing but the number or name of it until I restart it. Then I can see the thumbnail of the pic.

4. Bear macrumors G3

FInder window? or iPhoto? or Aperture or Lightroom or?

5. kenknotts thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok. I have JPEG photos sitting on my desktop right now, about 10. I can see the little thumbnail image of it with the title under it. When my computer acts up, the pic goes away and I only see the name under the pic. The image just vanishes. Its all thru the computer too. If I have a folder with JPEG images inside on my desktop or even on an external drive and I double click to open it. I get no pics, just the fie names. I really need to screenshot it I guess.

6. Bear macrumors G3

That would help.