Problem with newly activated 16 GB iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AGSHender, Feb 7, 2008.

1. AGSHender macrumors regular

AGSHender

I bought my new 16 GB iPhone yesterday afternoon, and I waited patiently until I went home so that I could activate it and get playing with it.

I got home, ported my number just fine, and...nothing. I mean, the phone works and all, but weren't there supposed to be a dozen white doves released when I started using it? Wasn't food supposed to taste better? Wasn't everything supposed to be good and right in the world? I mean, I had food and a couple of beers last night and I *did* feel pretty good, but that might have been from the beer and not the phone. :D

But seriously, though, this is a pretty cool phone. Definitely worth the purchase.

2. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

Don't quit your day job as the Comedian Gig isn't working.

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Ouch!

4. gsm4eva macrumors newbie

16 gigs?

I just found out after reading this about the new iphone! I bought mine less than a month ago and it was only 8, but i returned it because it was impossible to unlock (1.1.3)

5. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

Apple should totally let me sell my iPhone back to them for a decent amount of dough and then let me purchase a 16 gig and pay the difference. I need more space!!!!!!!

6. Eallan macrumors 6502

Could you look at your 16gb and tell me if the screen looks "yellowish" on the whites and exhibits the "negative" blacks?

Both 8gb i've had this month have awful screens compared to the original iPhone i had in July.

7. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

If you want a 16 but have the 8, and no cash, maybe it's better just to get a felt tip and put a 1 next to the 8 -- in this way you will have a 18G!... God, I'm talking bollocks, sorry, must be my 2 beers too.

8. alFR macrumors 68020

Note to self: do not post wirelessly from the pub. ;)

9. drb6 macrumors regular

question for poster

Hey, question for OP...how much actual space was in your iPhone after the OS and the standard software that comes on it takes up space? I'm trying to figure out how much usable I'll have for music, apps and other things. Thanks!

10. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

If that's your expectation of Apple (or any tech company for that matter) - boy, are you in for a BIG surprise... :eek:

11. rosemarycane macrumors newbie

To answer your question about the screen: it does an excellent job of displaying blacks. The only difference I notice in the whites is the bar above the screen with the at & t logo. It appears off white to me. Certainly not as good as my first iPhone was with five series screen (wish I had not been so picky). However, it is far superior to the recent 8gig I had and returned.

As far as space goes, it had 14.8gigs to start. The reason I purchased this 16gig was two-fold:
    one I wanted enough space for my music so i was not carrying around my phone and iPod.

Two my hope was perhaps Apple was using a different screen in the 16gig models and in fact they are. 7586304 is the model number.

HTH

12. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Anybody get DiskDoubler running on the iphone? That would get you 16GB of storage from an 8GB iphone.

13. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

what sucks the worst was I could return mine up until the middle of january, and NOW the 16gb comes out..wtf:confused:

14. Eallan macrumors 6502

Thanks man exactly the answer I'm looking for.

If it is a different screen I'll be getting mine today. The screen I have now is pathetic.

15. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

Doves flew when I sold my 8GB 30 minutes after posting it online. I freaking love the Internet. With that sale and an Apple credit, my 16GB is $100. Touché, haters who dogged out the upgraders.

16. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

I thought it was my imagination. The screen does feel different. Out of the bbox, it felt like there was a film over it. The buttons seem narrower also. I had both phones at the same time to compare. Now that I have had my 16GB for a few hours, the screen feels like the other. I am happy with it.