problem with Notes; they disappear out of nowhere

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
So I often use notes to keep track of funny things that happen/stuff I want to remember when I'm drunk/etc.

Well last night I was at a Modest Mouse concert and I was keeping track of the set list in my notes, and suddenly half of it disappeared when I went to add a song to it. This isn't the first time this happened, it also did when I was writing a long note to myself a few nights ago.

Any ideas? I don't want to restore because I don't want 4.0.1.

Also, apparently all my notes sync to my Yahoo email account now, instead of my MacBook since getting the iPhone 4? Can I transfer them to my Mac notes?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Can't help with Yahoo because I sync notes with Outlook. My notes vanished off my iP4 and Outlook when I first synced it. After searching I found there were two or three different notes folders in Outlook and I was able to restore all of my "lost" notes. Good luck on that.

HappyGoose

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2010
Note icon disappear completely - sync with outlook

Givemeabrek, it seems like I ran into similar problems. I also have my iphone 4 set to sync my note with outlook. After I updated to the latest software, the Note icon completely disappeared from my iphone. I only have 1 note folder on my outlook, so I am not sure what I can do to get the note back on my iphone. I verified that itune still set to sync note with outlook. It also "seems" to go through the motion of synching, but I still don't have Note icon on my iphone 4. Do you have any idea? Thanks!

Roofy.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2009
One of my friends was at that show last night. Anyway I had a similar problem with notes and when I fixed it, I noticed when I went back into the app I saw the note I was last on just rip upwards and fly up. I think that means it's syncing to a server. (hence the note flying "up") turn note syncing off in your settings, it's in the mail section.