Problem with Nvidia 9600M GT on a UMBP 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by velvia, May 13, 2009.

1. velvia macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've got a new unibody macbook pro 17" running 10.5.7. I've realized that when I switch to the NVIDIA 9600M GT graphic card, I've got some few display bugs when I scroll through the menus. It seems that instead of displaying the background through a transparent menu, it sometimes display the plain background. You can see that in the video 9600.mov you can download here.

http://public.me.com/fayard.francois

I've also realized that when I switch in between users, the cube transition is not as smooth as with the 9400M which surprises me. I've tried a 3D game just to be sure everything is OK, and here I finally get better performances with the 9600M than with 9400M.

Do you think that the "menu problem" is related to the card or to the driver ? Do you experience the same bug ?

Francois

2. Warranty Voider macrumors 6502

This appears to be the same problem as in this thread. The 10.5.7 update fixed the issue for most people. There's nothing anyone can do about it except wait for the next graphics driver update which probably won't happen until snow leopard. Although, it's weird that it only happens to you with the 9600.