Problem with O2 UK Data - Anyone else with problems?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yuanmoons, Nov 26, 2008.

1. yuanmoons macrumors 6502

Not sure if this linked to the 2.2 updated but the last few days i havent been able to get data on my phone. I have an unlocked 2G iPhone with an official O2 paygo iPhone sim, which gives me free data for a year. Its worked for 2 odd months but this message has been coming up "Could not activate cellular data network : You are not subscribed to a cellular data service".

Anyone else? Before i phone them.

I checked online and my wifi bolt-on still is active and i got my monthly text saying its active into its 3rd month...

The phone works so i assume its still activated etc

Thanks.

2. pauliphone macrumors regular

yeah i had exactly the same problem.. go to settings > general > reset > reset network settings.
    worked fine after that.

3. anonymouse44 macrumors newbie

Go to Settings> General> Network> Cellular Data network and make sure that the entry for APN is payandgo.02.co.uk.

Upgrading often changes it back to the contract settings. Everything else will be correct.

4. yuanmoons thread starter macrumors 6502

I fixed it a few days ago and came back to thread to say exactly what you say - thats what fixed it : change APN to payandgo.o2.co.uk.

Thanks.

5. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

Does anyone know what it should be for an o2 contract?

6. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

mobile.o2.co.uk - contract

payandgo.02.co.uk - PAYG

7. d.f macrumors regular

very interesting.

yuanmoons - can i ask if your 2G iphone is a UK or US sourced..?

i live in the UK, have an unlocked US 2G iphone and i have to end my work contract and switch to PAYG. I'd rather get the official 3G iPhone deal (albeit i won't benefit from the 3G factor) as you get free data and wifi.

otherwise i think my only option is to get the stock O2 PAYG deal for all handsets and run that sim unlocked.