problem with oem iphone 4 bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mayakukla, Aug 26, 2010.

1. mayakukla macrumors regular

got it in the mail today from apple. However, the oem usb cable will not fit and charge the phone. How can the oem usb cable not with an oem bumper? help

2. mzd macrumors 6502a

the one that came with your iPhone 4 should fit. older versions of the apple usb cable had a slightly larger casing that does not fit the bumper. the cable that came with my 2nd gen iPod touch did fit however.

3. mayakukla thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using the cable that came with the phone. The one with the smaller white plastic on the tip. Otherwise the bumper fits well

4. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

That doesn't make sense. I have the bumper (sitting in my drawer now) but I know that the cable it came with absolutely fit with the bumper on. Did you buy the phone from ATT/Apple or off eBay?

5. mayakukla thread starter macrumors regular

the phone came straight from the apple store. The cable fits in the hole but does not go far enough to charge or lock in place with the bumper on.

6. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Take it back to any apple store and show them (take cable also). They will probably give you another.

7. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Something isn't right there, the cable fits fine and charges with my bumper on.

8. barachus macrumors regular

You are obviously using the wrong cable or ur bumper is wrong
    No other explanation makes any sense

9. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

op you must be doing something wrong. the iPhone4 cable is 100% compatible with the bumper

10. mzd macrumors 6502a

well it is also possible that he/she just got a bumper with a bit of flashing from the mold or some other defect. i'd say take the bumper, cord, and iPhone back to an Apple store and they should take care of it.