iPhone Problem with orientation lock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by icebergx, Jun 8, 2014.

1. icebergx macrumors regular

Hi all,
    I thought I had this problem solved, but not so.
    When I play a movie in youtube, or elsewhere, and the video starts in portrait mode, and I rotate the phone 90 degrees, the video doesn't automatically switch to landscape mode.
    I've just restored the Cydia settings and uninstalled all my tweaks using iLEX RAT, but this hasn't cured the problem.
    Orientation lock is definitely not on so I know that's not the problem. It seems I have a problem with my accelerometer.
    Can anyone assist with this please?

Thanks.

2. icebergx thread starter macrumors regular

OK... It appears my accelerometer is a bit messed up. Rotating the phone when running a "spirit level" app does absolutely nothing. Can anyone help with this please? Could this have anything to do with any of the tweaks that I'd installed previously?

Thanks.

3. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

What's a "spirit app"?

And if it's a hardware issue, then no software will fix that. I highly doubt any tweak could break the functionality of an accelerometer and if it did, an uninstall of the tweak would fix it (which you have tried)

4. icebergx thread starter macrumors regular

It's one of those apps to measure if a surface is flat or uneven and if it's uneven, to what degree. It's based around one of those measuring devices that builders use.
    Is there any way to determine if it is a hard wear fault?

Thanks Darricksailo.

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

easiest way would also be the hardest way

anyways, easiest way to check if it's a hardware problem is to restore stock to iOS 7.1.1 and if problem still occurs, then it was a hardware issue

6. icebergx thread starter macrumors regular

:) that would be painful!!! I guess I'll try to stick it out. Would prefer my JB to remain intact.
    Thanks again.