Problem with OS X Mavericks installation

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Loopynoo, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Loopynoo macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the good board but I will take a chance. Yesterday I downloaded and installed OS X Mavericks on my MacBook Air (that was previously on Mountain Lion), but when the installation finished, I didn't have the time to complete it by signing in to the Apple Store (or something like that). When I came back this afternoon to go on my computer, I had to connect, but I had forgotten my password, so I clicked on the ''Forgot password?'' button. It then led me to a other window with a downloading loop in it, and arrows to go back or to continue. However, neither of these arrows are functionning and the download is infinite. I tried to reboot, or just shut down my laptop, but when I try to do so, it says some programs aren't letting me do so (Android File Transfer and System Preferences to be precise). So I'm stuck with the infinite download and I have litterally no access to my laptop.

Can someone help me find a solution? It'd be really appreciated!!!

Louis

2. stuffradio macrumors 65816

If you mean you weren't able to reboot or shutdown the computer, you could hold down the power button.

3. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Yes, however you choose to get the power off, them turn it back on, and you should be good to go

4. Loopynoo thread starter macrumors newbie

That's the problem: when I try to reboot, it says that other apps are open that won't allow me to shut down the computer. And I can't shut those apps because I don't have access to my desktop!

5. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17