Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amirreza

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2013
hello.yesterday i tried to install OSX 10.8 on my macbook pro,but i formated all my hard drive even the recovery driver,and i give the "cant download the additional component neede to instal OSX" erro. so ican not install the osx 10.8.
what should i do?pleas help me.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
Reboot. Hold down "Option Key" while booting.

Select "Recovery Disk".

Edit: Just saw you reformatted your recover partition... correct?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Yes,i formatted correctly.

Is your machine 2010+?? If it is, you can do a command-option-r boot to Internet recovery and DL a recovery image from Apple that will be just like what you would get from the local recovery partition.

If you do not have a 2010+, you are in a bit of a pickle. You will need to find another machine with ML and use this Apple utility with a 1GB or larger USB key to make a boot key. Then option key boot to this YSB on your machine and use it to reinstall the OS.

sarthak

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Future thought: You might want to consider formatting just the partition with OS X and not the entire drive.

Example:
256GB SSD DISK (Don't click, this is the entire disk!)
---- Macintosh SSD <---- Select and erase this partition only.
---- Hidden Recovery (This won't show because it's hidden.)

Just a tip for the future. Aside from that use CMD+R if you have a newer mac to boot into Internet Recovery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.