problem with outgoing and incoming calls...anyone know what the solution is?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cheetah007, Aug 21, 2008.

1. cheetah007 macrumors newbie

When i make or receive calls, the screen seems to go blank. I can hang up by pressing the power button, but after doing so i have to wait about a minute before i can use the phone again, as the screen seems to freeze in 'off' mode.

It's also a problem when i make calls that require pressing a key - (like the O2 helpline!!) as i can't press '2' or any other key to speak to anyone on the helpdesk!

does anyone know what i should do about this? Or is anyone else having the same problems?

2. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

The screen goes blank when you put it up to your ear, but, it should come back when you take it away, and the keypad should be accessible. If the screen is staying blank even when you take it away from your ear, there's something not right.

3. cheetah007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Could it be something to do with the silicone casing that I use? If so are there any cases that will stop this happening?

4. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

Perhaps taking it out of the case and seeing if the problem remains is a viable next step.

5. mrtune macrumors 6502a

It's possible that the case you have is blocking the sensors that detect whether or not the phone is next to your face. Is it a made for iphone 3g case or some generic case?

Either way, test out your issue with the case off and see what happens.