Problem with Pages

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by propita, May 25, 2011.

1. propita macrumors newbie

I got Pages and installed it no problem. I emailed some Pages-created docs, and while they opened fine in email, the pictures in the docs wouldn't show in Pages. These were images I copied from online (inventory of a collection).

Is this a problem with the images? With Pages? Will Pages not open certain images? I don't think they were flash, because I can see the images on the website using the iPad. The Apple store told me to either look at them in email or send them as PDFs, which wouldn't allow me to edit them on the iPad.

Any help?

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I just email a Pages doc with pictures to myself. I used the Pages format from the three choices. When I opened in Mail they were OK. I saved them from Mail to Pages and they opened just fine. Don't know what your problem is but it can be done. And yes, the doc could be edited.

3. propita thread starter macrumors newbie

Image problem

The document opens just fine, with all the copy. What's missing are all the pictures, images copied from a website. So I'm wondering if the problem is with the source of the images or the type of image (not sure what type, but they copy from word to pages no problem).

Any ideas?

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

The pictures that I used were also downloaded from the web.

5. Brammy macrumors 65816

Which part of this is OS X Pages and iOS Pages?

I can't tell if you're e-mailing Pages files TO your iPad or FROM it.

6. propita thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for not being clear

Pages doc created on iMac and emailed/opened on iPad. This is with multiple pages docs, so either something is wrong, or I'm consistently doing something wrong.

I guess next up is to insert a photo into a pages doc and try emailing/opening it on the iPad. That would tell me I'm emailing/opening whatever right and maybe it's the images somehow causing a problem.