Problem with PDF's in iBooks app!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SLC Flyfishing, Sep 24, 2010.

1. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I recently got a new iPhone 4, and have been enjoying it quite a bit. One thing I really want to like is the iBooks app! I've been using it for school because most of my professors have their syllabi and other important doc's on PDF and the iBooks app is nice for reading those.

But I have been experiencing troubles (and it's probably because I don't know how to use the app properly yet) where I import the PDF into iBooks, but then when I go back to check it later, it's not there anymore. Same with some of the free iBooks I've downloaded.

Anyone know why?

Edit: Just noticed that I have them all in my iBooks folder in iTunes. Hadn't even noticed that there was a folder for that. I probably just need to specify that I want them synced to my iPhone. It was the same with new music, I'd downloaded it from the iPhone, but when I synced, it wasn't there anymore. I just needed to tell the iPhone that I wanted it to remain on the phone, and not only the computer.

I think I'm good now.

SLC

2. seifer333 macrumors member

i had a tough time figuring out how ibook works. I tried stanza and i think it's much easier to move pdfs in and out and read.