Problem with Photos.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bobby86, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Bobby86 macrumors newbie

My apologies if this has already been asked - I updated to Photos last night and have been stuck on a screen reading "Uploading 30 items". But the strange thing is that I only purchased my MacBook last week and I don't have any pictures or videos to upload to my cloud.

The loading bar has been fixed for over two hours now.

:confused:

2. telegix macrumors member

Reboot, and run the photos app again. It will eventually correct itself. Seems some kind of bug.

3. Bobby86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I've tried this and it's still stuck at the same point. I've also tried turning off and on iCloud Photo Library, to no avail.

Also, now my iPhone is doing the same thing, it reads "5 photos left to upload", and it's been that way since last night.

It sounds as if something is wrong with the connection to my iCloud. It can't be a storage problem as I have 191GB left to use. Plus, I can connect to the Photos section on icloud.com perfectly.

:confused:

4. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

As with anything Apple does that uses the "cloud" - Photos is buggy and will take a while to unscrew itself.

5. kieru macrumors newbie

Keep in mind that you're also one of many people who just upgraded to 10.10.3 and are in the process of uploading your library to iCloud. Their servers are probably quite stressed at the moment.

One other thing to factor in: Photos will try to upload your "Recently Deleted" album as well. Clearing that on any device that connects to iCloud will hasten the upload process.

6. Bobby86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to both of you.

I don't have anything in the recently deleted folder...looks like I'll just have to be patient. Oh well! I was only using Photos out of curiosity anway; I use Flickr and DxO OpticsPro for my photo needs.