iPad Problem with pinch to home screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Grolubao, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Hi guys,
    Just got my iPad Pro and I've noticed that the pinch to home screen is not working all the time. Most of the times ios gets confused and thinks I'm actually trying to switch apps. This is not happening on my iPad air with iOs 9.1.

Does anyone feel the same?

2. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Check your settings. in General -> Multitasking. check if gestures is either turned on or off

3. Grolubao thread starter macrumors 65816

Grolubao

It does,work,it's,just not consistent. When I pinch to zoom sometimes it doesnt register it properly
    --- Post Merged, Mar 31, 2016 ---
    So I actually need to perform a wider gesture with my fingers. This was not happening before 9.3

4. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

I noticed that as soon as I went to iOS 9. Same on both my Air 2 and Mini 4. You need to be very deliberate to ensure it works. If I am too quick, I quite often bring up app switcher or spotlight.

5. TheLondonFella Suspended

TheLondonFella

Also, swiping up with 4 fingers opens an app half of the time.

Noticed that?

6. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

4 finger swiped has always worked reliably for me. Just the pinch gesture that appears to have been changed with iOS 9.

7. Grolubao thread starter macrumors 65816

Grolubao

I'm glad I'm not crazy... Wouldn't have believed this to be a issue with the new iPad Pro, which only confirms it's a software issue.

The weird thing is that my iPad Air 1 with iOS 9.0.1 works fine. Very reactive pinch, never misses so not sure it's a iOS 9 thing, maybe this was introduced with after 9.0.x

8. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

I noticed this on my mini 2 when I was beta testing iOS 9. It started for me with that. As soon as iOS 9 was officially released, I put it on my Air 1 and the same issue materialised. I bought the Air 2 and mini 4 and both suffer from it. I'm very careful and exaggerate the action to get the pinch to close to work but before iOS 9, I could do it quickly and it worked every time. I'm pretty sure it is related to them adding the slide from the right gesture for slide over / side by side view and they made it a little less responsive so you didn't accidentally invoke the wrong feature.

9. Grolubao thread starter macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Well, guess I need to wait for the jailbreak to customise all of these things... sigh...