Problem with playlists

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scott549, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Scott549 macrumors regular

I've got a problem with playlists on my new iPod Touch. When I create a playlist on the iPod and name it, it works fine until I sync the iPod. I have the iPod set to manual sync. When I connect the iPod to the computer, the new playlist does not show up in iTunes, and it gets erased from the iPod. I've tested this twice and the same thing has happened. Am I missing something, or is there some sort of software glitch?

2. Scott549 thread starter macrumors regular

Solved my own problem. I've been manually adding and removing music from the iPod. I had assumed that new playlists created on the iPod would automatically transfer (as they do on my kids' Nanos) but that is not the case, and as I mentioned, not only do they not automatically transfer, but they disappear, UNLESS ... you click on the Sync button with the iPod connected. When you do that, the playlists magically appear.

3. melpote macrumors member

melpote

Yes this happened to me and scared me a little. With my iphone this is never an issue...but I will try the syncing thing and see how that works. Thanks. :D