Problem with Plugins...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by viggen61, Jul 5, 2010.

1. viggen61 macrumors 6502

I've been having a problem with plugins on my MBP the past few months. This is the second time this has happened, and the first time, it just seemed to resolve it self.

Symptoms:

No Flash content in any Safari or Firefox browser window, accompanied by various dialogs telling me about it.

No attached images display in Mail.app, and I get "Missing Plug-In" messages for each item.

Now for the interesting part...

If I switch to another user on the SAME machine, everything works. So the issue is specific to my one user account. Of course, it's my main user account...

Anyone have suggestions (yes, I've re-installed the Flash Plug-in. Several times!, as well as repaired permissions...) as to where to start looking?

Thanks

:apple::apple:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It sounds like you have messed-up your QuickTime plug-in.

3. viggen61 thread starter macrumors 6502

INteresting possibility. But, that plugin lives in the machine's plugin folder (HD:Library:Internet Plugins), not my personal plugin folder (HD:Users:user:Library:Internet Plugins), so if it were bad, would it not affect the other user logins on teh same machine?

I can swap back and forth between two users using fast user switching, and it works in B, while not working in A...

:apple::apple: