Problem with Printing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gadgetgirl85, Sep 19, 2007.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I have a Canon MP5 laser printer and when I'm trying to print a pdf file I get a Unable to connect to SAMBA host: Error: Connection failed with error. Whats going on?

2. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

is this printer new? did you DL the proper drivers?! are other print jobs having the same problem?? and have you contacted Cannon to see if they can some how assist you in this matter?

Looks like MBP is rather new (intel) i think these can handle just about any printer that is plugged into it.

If so then you might be having problems in adobe, have you seen the preferences, anything that might do with printing?!

from experience i have noticed that not all printers are Mac friendly, this might be your problem....

:apple:

3. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I used to have this printer plugged into my mac mini no problems. I've installed the drivers...the printer is installed and nothing. It wont connect to host for some reason?

4. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

You need to tell us all the details - Samba is for Windows sharing - are you printing to a printer connected to a Windows computer?

5. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I currently have it plugged into my MBP. It works fine if I plug it into my mac mini or PC. It just wont print with my MBP...the document will either disappear from the queue completely or says error with host. I installed the drivers for the printer as well (even though I didnt have to for the mac mini) and its recognising that the printer is plugged in

6. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

hmmmm....well this is out of my league already, looks like you need a pro on this issue. But don't give up hope just yet, I know that some one will help!!!

Good luck and please keep us posted on this!!

:apple:

7. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85