Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chiliburn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2014
Hi guys,

I have problem on my iphone 4 with purchased apps!
Previosly owner of my phone instal navigation, and everything working fine, now when i decide to unlock my phone and have to do back up of phone, all apps,photos and contact do back up, only that navigaton apps wont, the message says that i didnt authorizad for that app, is anyone have idea what i should do next ? I really dont wont to lose that app becouse to order again i will have to pay 70 US!

Thanks

Chiliburn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2014
Its not fair , really , becouse i already paid higher price becouse that navigation, and now i have to pay again . Never mind. Thank u anyway

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Its not fair , really , becouse i already paid higher price becouse that navigation, and now i have to pay again . Never mind. Thank u anyway
Wait, you think it is fair that you are using software you didnt pay the developer for? It is really your own fault if you paid money for some software that is owned by someone else, on a loan basis. You knew this would happen, since he bought it and the "license" is locked to his account as with all iOS software.

Chiliburn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2014
Look, i didnt know it. I'm really the new with iOS and just started to understand how it works. If i knew it, i wouldn't buy ! Thanks !

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
There's nothing wrong with purchasing used software. It used to be commonplace.

Should I have to pay Ford again if I buy a used Ford?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

You legally cannot purchase used software. Every time you install software you agree to the terms and conditions. The terms and conditions clearly state that you cannot resell or transfer the software to someone else.

Your Ford analogy makes no sense.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
You legally cannot purchase used software. Every time you install software you agree to the terms and conditions. The terms and conditions clearly state that you cannot resell or transfer the software to someone else.

Your Ford analogy makes no sense.

1. wrong. First sale doctrine

2. Any two bit lawyer can put any rediculous thing above the agree button and it don't mean **** till litigated for many years.

3. Anyone who replies to this post agrees to pay me immediately $10,000.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
1. wrong. First sale doctrine

2. Any two bit lawyer can put any rediculous thing above the agree button and it don't mean **** till litigated for many years.

3. Anyone who replies to this post agrees to pay me immediately, $10,000.

Through litigation we've determined that you did not state an amount to pay you and your name is $10,000

:)

moogoos

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2014

Ford is a physical product. Software is completely different, license based, so your comparison makes no sense.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
Ford is a physical product. Software is completely different, license based, so your comparison makes no sense.

Used bookstores? If I sell someone my computer, am I supposed to hard wipe the disk so the purchaser has to buy the OS from the software writer? What about all the firmware on the chip.

Thirty years ago someone saying what you just said would have been called a kook. You've been very well indoctrinated and don't even realize what was done to you. Masters of remaking reality they are.

Sadly almost no one remembers how it was and even fewer know how the brainwashing, to use an archaic term, was pulled off or who is responsible.

Jaguarr40

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2014
Sarasota, Florida
If you know the guy you bought it from since I am happy he found a buyer, Ask him if he will "Gift" it to you and call Apple to do that. If you know him I am sure he wold be happy to do it. Problem solved.

moogoos

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2014
Used bookstores? If I sell someone my computer, am I supposed to hard wipe the disk so the purchaser has to buy the OS from the software writer? What about all the firmware on the chip.

Thirty years ago someone saying what you just said would have been called a kook. You've been very well indoctrinated and don't even realize what was done to you. Masters of remaking reality they are.

Sadly almost no one remembers how it was and even fewer know how the brainwashing, to use an archaic term, was pulled off or who is responsible.

This isn't thirty years ago so the kook concept is reversed if you think this way. I actually don't understand what you mean by this statement. Software isn't a physical object and didn't exist 30 years ago at this level so your argument is flawed again. Books aren't copied and sent to other users as your example suggests. They are sold from one to the next. The example is really copying books and giving the next person the original and keeping a copy which is technically illegal. Get over yourself. Once the word brainwashing comes out the debate ends because it becomes stupid. You bought something of which you expected to own the license and that didn't happen. Your loss.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.