Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kntgsp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Ok so I just loaded up CS on my new Intel iMac. Runs a tad slow, but I bought some more ram that's in the mail, so hopefully that will speed things up a bit.

Anyway, my problem lies with quickmask

I am quickmasking something, say a person. I'm trying to get them out of the scene and into another one for some photoshop contests.

Here's my process and the inevitable problem:

1. Quickmask around the person with paintbrush at 100 opacity.
2. Fill in the rest of the area outside the person (the background) with paint bucket, and get the little line that sometimes shows up between the bucket area and the brush area. This leaves the individual as the only thing un-quickmasked.
3. I exit, invert selection, now having the individual selected, and Copy.
4. I paste into a new document.

But when I paste, I still get the background, albeit a very very faint background. It's like a "ghosting" effect, where the background is still visible. Just imagine the background being reduced to 10% opacity, but the person still at 100%. That's what it looks like. And I have the brushes and paint bucket turned to 100% opacity in QuickMask, yet this still happens every damn time.

I'm ready to pull my hair out. I've tried fiddling with every setting and can't get it.

(I would post pics but it's late, and I have some hw to catch up on)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.