Problem with Re-Buying an app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jojo430, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Jojo430 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, so recently I've been looking for an app that I've already had. I say "already had" because I had it on my old mac. I finally found the app, but it wants me to pay full price for it. I got the app when it was on sale for $5, and it was originally $20. I got other apps with that same account, and they're their in the purchases tab, which this app isn't. Yes, I did buy it with the same account I'm using now, and No, I can't take it off my old Mac, It's bricked. (I made a post about that too.) Is their anything I can do about this? Thanks!

2. nigameash macrumors 6502

Go check all your purchases on your itunes account and make your it's the same app/ same version of the app; sometimes app force you to repurchase when a new version comes out. 1password is one such example.

3. Jojo430 thread starter macrumors newbie

Like i said, I checked my purchases and it wasn't in there. It also doesn't seem to have had an update.

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

If they remove the app from the app store, and then put it back under the same name, it appears that the purchase history gets deleted. I've seen this happen with a few apps; I just avoid those apps and refuse to deal with them anymore. :(

5. Jojo430 thread starter macrumors newbie

They didn't remove he app and put it back up, I know that because it's CoD4, they won't have done anything with it even at this point. I've been reading around at how to get the files off my bricked mac, but all i came up with is to pretty much use an External HDD, which I'm not buying just for 1 game. Any way to get it back at all? :(

6. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

Contact the App Store support team. They'll get you sorted. Especially if you have the email receipt.

7. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I was under the impression that 1Password is still using the exact same purchase as when it it first hit the Mac App Store. Ive been a customer for a very long time... and never needed to buy twice from the MAS.

/Jim

8. nigameash macrumors 6502

When 1password 4 was released for iOS, version 3 was removed from the app store and 1password became a new paid app.

9. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I'd call them. I purchased COD November 2011 and I still have it on my purchase list.

10. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Got it. I thought we were talking about the MAS. Yes, I've seen major releases on the iTunes iOS App Store require repurchase.

It will be interesting how 1Password will handle upgrades to the Mac version of 1Password 4. They said that MAS purchasers of 1Password 3 (at least last fall) would get free upgrades to 1Password 4. I do not think that the MAS allows any type of "upgrade pricing". Maybe they will just rename the current app to 1Password (drop the 3) and then upgrade it... so that all current users automatically get the latest version.

I've also been wondering if Apple will charge for upgrades to Aperture X (or whatever they call it).

/Jim

11. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I would be disappointed if they don't give the free upgrade to 1Password 4. I'm also a bit concerned why it isn't out yet. . . my only guess is that they are waiting for Mavericks. I would love them to work with Apple to integrate further into the OS or at least provide hooks into other areas. Such as Internet passwords (for WiFi) and even login passwords would be slick. I know Keychain does a lot of this, but it would be nice to allow 3rd parties to maybe do it better.

12. Jojo430 thread starter macrumors newbie

13. Jojo430 thread starter macrumors newbie

14. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

The only thing you can do is contact Apple. We have no jurisdiction over this nor do we have any insight into why things no longer work.

15. Oldmanmac macrumors 6502

Just posted this question above....

Anyway, the version (v3.9x) is still the same and it shows 'purchased'.

16. joshbrex macrumors newbie

Repurchasing apps on a a new mac???

My mac got stolen !!!
    Im getting a new one, can i logg in with my apple ID and install all the apps i paid for on my other mac or do i have to buy them all again???
    please help me asap
    ta

17. nigameash macrumors 6502

You can install all the old apps for free using your apple id.