Problem with recently released applcations

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by BanzaiTokyo, Jul 5, 2012.

1. BanzaiTokyo macrumors newbie

MacRumors has already published a news article about the problem concerning newly upgraded apps. There is another problem that concerns newly released apps - I have seen at least 10 reports from different developers about apps released yesterday.

I can speak about my own game Banzai Dice that appeared in AppStore yesterday - while some people seem to be able to purchase it, others see an error message that the app is no longer available. When you try to buy it from iTunes the message is slightly different, it says that the app is temporarily unavailable and proposes to try again later.

This issue has been unnoticed by general public because it concerns applications that have not become popular yet... and the chances are with this kind of launch they might probably never make it to the AppStore's top. It is very frustrating for developers to see their marketing budgets wasted.

2. BanzaiTokyo thread starter macrumors newbie

it seems that after all my emails Apple has solved the problem - at least one person who was not able to download the game has just purchased and installed it.

however they have not acknowledged there ever was a problem.