Problem with removed files

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by xArtx, Dec 17, 2012.

  1. xArtx macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2012
    #1
    Hi Guys,
    Like any other programming problem, this is driving me nuts!

    I used OpenEars Flite framework with success in a few projects,
    but since the OpenEars update, I removed the old files from my projects,
    and trashed the old OpenEars files from my desktop.

    It seems I didn't remove the old files properly because Flite no
    longer works in any project that I had it working in,
    but I can add the framework to a project in which I've never added it,
    and then it works!

    If I compile a project where I've removed the old framework files from Xcode,
    THe program compiles, but cannot talk.
    I get this compiler warning though:
    Code:
    ld: warning: directory not found for option '-F/Users/MyName/Desktop/draw2D_GPS_IP5/../OpenEarsDistribution/OpenEars/framework'
    Any help on finding how this old non existent folder is still referenced?
    It would help a lot! :D
     
  2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

    ArtOfWarfare

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2007
    #2
    I haven't had this exact problem before, but I've had similar... you might try looking at:

    Project Root > Target > Build Settings > Search Paths > Framework Search Paths

    It seems like when it's either looking in odd directories or not checking directories that I want it to, the issue is with the settings there.
     
  3. dejo Moderator

    dejo

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2004
    Location:
    The Centennial State
    #3
    I suspect when you added the framework to your projects, you linked the files rather than copying the files into your app bundle. That can cause issues later when the files at the end of those links happen to go away.
     
  4. xArtx thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2012
    #4
    Thanks Guys, I did figure out how to remove the old references last night.
    That wasn't the problem.
    Regarding the older version of OpenEars, I found that the sentence I wanted spoken came out quicker if it was preceded closely by this:
    Code:
        // [self.fliteController say:[NSString stringWithFormat:@" "] withVoice:self.slt];
        // looks like this flite kickstart is no longer needed
    
    But with the new version, it prevents the following sentence being spoken at all, and hence the voice in apps were broken!
     

Share This Page