Problem with replacing an icon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kuato, May 3, 2012.

1. kuato macrumors member

I recently switched to Atomic Web Browser but I didn't like the icon so I found one to replace it. I renamed it icon@2x.png and put it in the .app folder. As you can see the icon has a deep shadow surrounding it. I've changed the resolution multiple times but no matter if its 114x114 or 122x124 the shadow remains. Any idea how to fix this? [​IMG]

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I usually use the summerboard method. Make a folder call Icons and put that folder into your theme. Then all you need to do is name your new icon and place in Icon folder and name it Internet@2x.png & Internet.png and click on summerboard in winterboard. Much faster and easier to manage for me…

You could also try to name the icon capitalized or Internet@2x~iphone.png also.

Or it could just be the icon already had a mask on it and if it's a appstore icon it'll double mask the icon. In which case the summerboard mode will suit you best...

3. kuato thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to avoid using winterboard, etc so I tried it this way. In case anyone has the same problem I fixed it by cropping the canvas area around the icon in photoshop. Now there is no shadow.

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Yea I saw that after I posted. Mobile lol... So the icon you choose already had a frame around it?

5. kuato thread starter macrumors member

I guess so. Afterwards I tried just replacing it with the stock mobile safari icon and the shadow returned.. which is weird since it doesnt appear around safari.. I would think it would already be framed properly.:confused:

Any advice framing an icon properly in photoshop?