iPhone Problem with restoring 3GS to 6.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by EdinDino, Mar 9, 2013.

1. EdinDino macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I am new member here. I stumbled upon a problem. When evasion was out, I restored my iPhone 3GS with new bootrom from 5.1.1 to 6.1, using IPSW I made with snowbreeze, while using option - only preserve baseband - and it suceeded. I jailbroke it, hacktivated it, everything worked fine. Then, when I realized that iMessages don't work because of hacktivation, I tried SAM, but it kept failing on Stocktivation or whatever it is called, and after that, my phone left unactivated and I couldn't do anything with it, so I decided to restore phone to 6.1 again with the same IPSW, but it kept failing with plenty of errors, like 1601, 11, 21, 1600, 1602. I was succesful in downgrading to 5.1.1 because I had that IPSW with blobs stitched. But going back to 6.1 failed. And then phone ended up in Soft-DFu, and I couldn't kick it out of it, so I brought it to repair centre, and phone is again on 5.1.1. I have blobs for 6.1, so how can I restore my iPhone from 5.1.1. to 6.1 because my only backup is on iCloud and it was made on 6.1 so I can't restore that backup on 5.1.1, can I?

EDIT I am sorry, I think I posted in a wrong subforum :( MOds, you can move this where you think this is supposed to be. So Sorry. :feelingstupid:

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Why not restore to 6.1.2 with sn0wbreeze to preserve your BB and than restore your 6.1 backup from itunes?

Are you using a Sim interposer like Gevey or Ultrasn0w to unlock?

3. EdinDino thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using ultrasnow. That's why I need to go back to 6.1, but there is something curious, I opened Cydia on 5.1.1 and I saw that I have blobs for 6.1.2, and I never updated to 6.1.2, so what is going on? Can I update to 6.1.2 and then downgrade to 6.1, or can I upgrade to 6.1. with my saved blobs?

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

If you were jailbroken, cydia automatically saves your iOS 6.1.2 shsh blobs

I don't think there is currently a way to upgrade to iOS 6.1, only 6.1.2

5. EdinDino thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there any way to unlock my phone on 6.1.2? If not, then I will update to 6.1.2, restore my iCloud backup, save sms.db from iPhone, and put it back when I restore back to 5.1.1. I wondered something else, my phone is locked to Swedish Telia carrier, so, if I obtain that SIM, activate my phone with it, and then jailbreak it and install ultrasnow, replace Telia Sim with mine, Bosnian one, will phone stay activated? I need properly activated phone for iMessage...

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I have been aware that ultrasn0w hasn't been updated for 2 years so I would have to say there is no unlock for the iOS 6.1.2

But that may not be true

7. EdinDino thread starter macrumors newbie

There is ultrasnow for 6.1