Problem with restoring ip4 to 4.0.1 with itunes 10?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dlacar88, Oct 2, 2010.

1. dlacar88 macrumors newbie

hello. i am about to restore my jb ip4 to 4.0.1. it has always been at 4.0.1. reason for restore is to hopefully fix a sporadic reception problem. last resort is to return unit to apple store.

i've read the forums/blogs on restoring via saurik. my shsh is saved/restorable and i have saved the correct 4.0.1 firmware. i think i am set.

main question: does anyone know if itunes 10 will cause any problems with the restore? i really want to avoid itunes 10 "accidentally" upgrading to 4.1. i know itunes 9.2.1 works and an option is to downgrade, but i want to avoid this step as well.

any thoughts?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

iTunes 10 works fine, I done it already several times on a 3GS and iP4.

There is no such a thing as "accidentally" upgrading to 4.1, itunes will update to the firmware you point at.

3. dlacar88 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. keypox macrumors member

doesnt work for me. Not sure why, if i use tinyumbrella i get a bit further than editing the hosts.

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com still the correct ip? I hvae tried like 3 different ones now.

Nevermind, tinyUm was not using the correct blob, had to get it from cydia, thought I already had it on tiny but didnt.

5. dlacar88 thread starter macrumors newbie

the restore worked as advertised but it did not fix my static problem. had to swap out the device at an apple store. hardware problem.

i was given a new device, but with ver 4.0.2. hard for the genius rep to find a unit with 4.0.1 for me.

so i am stuck with everyone else waiting for a safe jb for 4.0.2/4.1/4.2 from greenpois0n.