Problem with right-click context menu

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
A few months ago the non-profit that I contract for provided me with a subscription to the Photoshop photographic suite (PS, LR, etc). At that time I uninstalled the copy of Photoshop Express that I had been using to process their graphics.

However, since removing PSE, both PSE and PS show up as options when I right-click > open with on a graphic image...

How can I clean up the context menu so that uninstalled application (correctly) don't appear there?

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 9.25.52 PM.png

chscag

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
While "Maintenance" will work okay, you may as well download the full application OnyX (also free) which offers more in the way of options. It also runs in auto mode if you wish.

Reactions: dwfaust

mikzn

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2013
Vancouver
another option is to select a file type you want to change, .jpg .jpeg .png etc and "right click" the file and then select "get info" < then change the "Open With" to preview or some other default application that you wish to use and then click the "Change all" button to make the system wide change

getinfo.png

chscag

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
another option is to select a file type you want to change, .jpg .jpeg .png etc and "right click" the file and then select "get info" < then change the "Open With" to preview or some other default application that you wish to use and then click the "Change all" button to make the system wide change

View attachment 847936
However, that does not have any effect on the right click context menu which is what the OP was asking about.