Problem With Safari 3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PumaGuy, Jun 25, 2007.

1. PumaGuy macrumors regular

It seems that whenever i'm on a website like mySpace or Facebook, my mouse seems to be de-activated. This does not occur on Firefox for me or any other web browser other than Safari 3. It hasn't occured on my previous versions of Safari. If anyone has a solution for this, please go ahead and post.

-Puma

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

there is an update... but still i can't use microsoft messenger properly with safari 3 so now i use Adium

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I think Adium is great, since msn messenger for mac has no video conference function anyway.

5. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

Can you use your isight camera on a iMac G5 with Adium??

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

no, adium does NOT support video, at least for now.

7. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

Okay because i never saw it in Adium, i tried using mercury messenger because it does support isight (althow it turns a little too blue) but the interface of it, is disgusting, like using windows 95 or even older...

But i also sometimes use Skype nd it supports isight very well! but not so much of my friends use skype so..

8. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

So Safari 3 is the reason MSN keeps crashing everytime I exit out of a conversation window!!! GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR I think I might just go back to version 2 if that is the case, v3 is nice, but not that nice... I only really like being able to move tabs. I use firefox more anyway...

The Stig

9. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

Be carefull with going back to v2 there are reports that safari works very slow then, i would use safari v3 and Adium, Adium is so good!!