Problem with screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lingm04, Sep 3, 2010.

1. lingm04 macrumors newbie

Hi. I have been having problems with my Macbook pro(5 months old) screen lately. The screen goes all pixelated and messed up, please see pictures. I don't know what is wrong and surely this can't be lag as my laptop is a pretty good model and from the most recent update. Any help would be appreciated.

It does this randomly ever now and again but it is very concerning to me. Should i consider asking for a new mac/refund.....

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Looks like the video card is dying, take it into the Apple store.

3. lingm04 thread starter macrumors newbie

How can the video card be dying when i have only had it for 5 months.....Seems pretty ridiculous to me imo

4. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Just a defective part, it's not uncommon at all. Worked as an Apple repair tech for 10 years, seen it happen time and time again (not to say it's a huge problem with Apple products, just electronics in general).

5. lingm04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay thanks for the help. One last thing would this be free of charge or will i have to pay(i don't have apple care)

6. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

It is still under warranty if it is just 5 months old.

7. Stingray454 macrumors 6502a

Yepp, you have one year warranty for parts that are defective. Just bring it in and they will replace the part (or entire computer) for free.

8. lingm04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay great. Thanks everyone for your help:)