Problem with ScreenDimmer breaking my email

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by dynalmadman, Feb 6, 2011.

1. dynalmadman macrumors member

I have had ongoing problems with ScreenDimmer on both my ipad and iphone. Everytime there is an update, or i have to reinstall the system or do a new jailbreak, my email gets broken when I install ScreenDimmer.

Here is what my email screen looks like after installing it:

[​IMG]

Nothing I try brings it back except uninstalling ScreenDimmer. Then the email works fine. For some reason, doing the install/uninstall a few times will finally make them both work, but after doing the GreenPois0n on the ipad, nothing will get them both to work.

Anyone else experience this problem with their email, and fixed it?

Thanks,
    Michael

2. dynalmadman thread starter macrumors member

I guess I am the only one experiencing this?

More fun, I downloaded Kindle and it crashes immediately upon opening with ScreenDimmer installed. Uninstall ScreenDimmer and Kindle app works great.

No hum. Any way i can alter where programs install? Maybe it's just a memory conflict?

Michael

3. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Very odd, I've used ScreenDimmer on my iPad from the day I got it. What are your settings for ScreenDimmer? And are you up to date on it?

4. dynalmadman thread starter macrumors member

I check at least weekly to make sure everything I have is up to date. My settings are pretty standard. On, with dimming after 30 seconds. The accelerometer setting is off.

I have tried changing settings, even turning it off, to no avail. Only uninstalling it makes everything work, and works immediately.

Strange, I know.

Michael

5. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Thats crazy 0_o, I'd alert ScreenDimmers author of the issue. Here are my settings try them first I guess?
    [​IMG]

6. JSingr macrumors member

Had the same issue..Took me a while to figure it out..It doesn't play well with Lockinfo..uninstall lockinfo and make sure you don't have bypass lockscreen on respring with screendimmer.