Problem with setting up heartwatch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Khalanad75, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

It won't allow me to set it up as a complication. It is listed under my complications. I have it installed and in my dock, but it won't allow me to place it in any of the modular complication spots. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you solve it?

2. Khalanad75 thread starter macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Any help?

3. Bob190 macrumors 6502

Try emailing the developer .. he is very responsive.

I have been using the app for over a year, but have never used the complication.

4. Khalanad75 thread starter macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Duh, should have done that already ;)

I'll contact them.

5. Clint1583 macrumors regular

I purchased Heart Watch but found it's more complicated then what I was looking for. They need to make it more basic for the 99% of us that just need a good all-around heart rate app. To be honest, the real reason I deleted it from my phone/watch is because it drained my iPhone battery to quickly.

I've since gone back to the basic Apple exercise app. Plan, simple and it gives good basic readings. I've also gone with a Polar H7 chest strap for pulse rate monitoring.

6. Bob190 macrumors 6502

As someone who trains a lot for bike races, running races and triathlons. I use HeartWatch primarily to track sleeping heart rate, resting pulse, etc. to spot signs of overtraining, impending illness (colds, etc.) and overall sleep quality.

For me, I appreciate all of the different views and slices of data.

I don't however use it for exercise tracking specifically, even though it does show a great view of heart rate for any exercise that is recorded by the watch.

Personally, I find the app very useful and have never found it to drain my phone battery. Looking at the last 7 days of battery usage on my iPhone 6+, it only shows 1% for HeartWatch vs. the native Apple Watch app at 8%.

7. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I have been using heartwatch for about a year and haven't seen any battery drain. Since watchOS3 I've had it in the dock, and as a complication also.

8. rayjay86 macrumors 6502

To answer OPs question:

I had the same issue. Won't show up as a complication on the phone up. Do it manually on the Watch itself by force touching the screen and scrolling through til you find it.

That worked for me

9. Khalanad75 thread starter macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Awesome, that worked, thanks!!!

I never did get around to e-mailing the author of the app. Every time I thought about it I was busy with something else and then just forgot later.