Problem with Shift Key on Bluetooth Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tovo, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Tovo macrumors newbie

Tovo

have the new iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz. Very nice it is as well. When I purchased online a couple of weeks ago I ordered the new bluetooth keyboard. The problem with it is that it won't type an upper case "c" In order to get an upper case c I need to apply caps lock and do it that way.

OK, hardware fault I hear you say. That's what I thought anyway, so.....given that I wasn't totally happy with the size of the keyboard I decided that rather than try to get it replaced I would simply revert and buy the "white plastic" bluetooth apple keyboard. The full size one. Problem solved I thought.

Problem is......this one does the same. When I apply shift-c I get nothing on this board either. Then I remembered that I set up a "troubleshooting" account when I bought the machine...just clean out-of-the-box settings and the problem doesn't exist in that account so definately a settings issue rather than a hardware one.

Sorry for the book but that's the deal. Any ideas? I now have 2 keyboards that don't function as I would like.

heers (no c...see!)

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

You've basically solved your own problem and provided yourself with the easiest solution. Make a new account for yourself.

Troubleshooting the exact problem likely wouldn't be worth time or effort. I'd wager a system or application setting is causing the issue, but its difficult to say which one would cause this kind of problem.

3. Tovo thread starter macrumors newbie

Tovo

Thanks for the response Fleetwood Mac. You are absolutely right, I am just caught up in the "I MUST solve this problem" thing. You know? Anyway I do intend to take your advice and make a new account. The problem has beaten me.....next step is therapy! :)