Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
so i just hooked my slingbox pro-hd to my directv last night and got it working but i have no sound. anything kno how to fix it?

Ever34

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
Sorry can't tell what the problem might be but it's not the phone....works fine for me on ip4

fairoasis

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
Mine works from my MBP and from the iPad, but won't connect using iP4. Interested in a fix.

fairoasis

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
It might have to do with your routers configuration not letting your phone connect. Does it connect when your phone is on wifi? My i4 connects fine over 3G and wifi.

I am currently 1000 miles from my Slingbox, connecting remotely. It locates, logs in, and them times out during 'connecting'. Does this on both WiFi and 3G. It's working just fine from the computer and the iPad.

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
mine connects just fine on wifi and 3g, but i have no sound and the picture is horrible!

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
so i just got off the phone with slingmedia and they told me my problem is because im using hdmi cables. but i dont want to downgrade my tv with component cables. so i guess i have to return the slingbox. does anyone know a better way to do this? and that directv isnt capable to view two different sources, ie watch a move on my iphone4 and a tv show on the tv at the same time. why did they lie at the beginning about this!?!?

its just that my television is used way more that the slingbox will ever be. so its the obvious choice of the two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.