Problem with Space Bar Preview

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zachhwilliams, Apr 10, 2010.

1. zachhwilliams macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8 and today I've had a problem with the preview function.

When I pressed the spacebar on an image, I used to see the thumbnail enlarged and then if I made another gesture I could make it full screen.

Recently it has come up with a smaller version of the image and information about it (e.g. Adobe Photoshop JPEG File).

How can I change this back?

Many Thanks,
    Zach

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

That feature is known as Quick Look. On my 10.5 system, the mini-icon and file info only appear if its something that the OS is unable to display the contents for, such as a folder, a disk image, or a plugin file. What are the files you are trying to use Quick Look on?

3. zachhwilliams thread starter macrumors newbie

Trying to use Quick Look for images (JPEGs) as it's easy to look at them quickly before importing them into photoshop etc.. Thanks

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.QuickLookDaemon.plist

Move that plist file to your Desktop. (you can Trash it when you decide it's no longer needed)
    Keep that preferences folder open.
    Try Quicklook. Does that create a new com.apple.QuickLookDaemon.plist file in the Preferences folder?
    If not, Restart.
    Once you get a new com.apple.QuickLookDaemon.plist file, it will be set to the original defaults. This should restore the previous QuickLook behavior.