Problem with spaces

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gts197, Mar 31, 2008.

1. gts197 macrumors regular

Here is my dilemma. I have been using leopard spaces flawlessly since I bought my macbook about a month ago. All my spaces are set so each application basically has its own space. Unfortunately yesterday everything seemed to stop working. Here is an example. Lets say I am in my Safari space. When I try to go to iChat the menu bar on top will change to the iChat menu but the desktop will stay on the space set for Safari. I initially had this issue with just word and was reading on the forum that this is a known issue. Anyone have a solution to this annoying problem. Thanks in advance.

2. menthol moose macrumors regular

Funny coincidence - it just started doing the same thing to me, too. If there is a solution, please let us know.

Also, what I've taken to doing is setting one of the corners to activate Spaces, and just selecting them through that setup.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I have not seen a permanent fix but I wrote a widget that kills the dock which resets both the dock and spaces. Seems to do the trick.

Attached Files:

4. gts197 thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome, worked like a charm. I wonder why this is happening though?

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Its a bug somewhere to be sure, I was a day one adopter and noticed it right off the bat. Still not fixed. maybe in 10.5.3