Problem with speed of OS X 10.6.6

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tonig, Jan 21, 2011.

1. tonig macrumors newbie

Hi, I have recently installed Snow Leopard on my Macbook and I am experiencing some problems with the system. After some time of work it starts to slow down. In Console I saw that notification:
    21.01.11 11:24:29 [0x0-0x22022].com.songbirdnest.songbird [Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "observer.onDataChanged is not a function" {file: "chrome://songbird/content/bindings/observesDataRemote.xml" line: 197}]' when calling method: [nsIObserver::eek:bserve]" nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame :: file:///Applications/Songbird.app/Contents/Resources/components/sbDataRemote.js :: anonymous :: line 373" data: yes]

It appears every minute. I guess there is some problem with Songbird, but i don' know what to do.
    Do you have any suggestions, other than uninstalling Songbird? :)

2. baummer macrumors 6502a

Could you elaborate? What about it is running slow? And closing any Songbird processes should be your first step.

3. tonig thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, after an hour working it starts to slow down. every click takes a few seconds to respond, opening an application may take more than a minute. actually I have reinstalled the snow leopard and now it seems OK. I guess that Songbird wasn't the biggest problem, because I had a process of OpenSC running and occupying a lot of memory (according to Activity monitor) Now it is not running, but I have to install OpenSC because I need my signature. I use an Omneykey device and drivers.

And actually I don't know how to stop the processes of Songbird:eek: So, any advise will be useful.

Thanks