Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Louis6321

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Hi all

I'm having a bit of a problem with my SSH.

It's turned on and everything but when I go to connect to the iPod it just times out over and over again...
It doesn't even get to the authentication stage of connecting... it just does this (on CuteFTP):

Connection attempt 1:
SSH2_FXP_INIT

...and then stops.

Please help? :(

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Hi all

I'm having a bit of a problem with my SSH.

It's turned on and everything but when I go to connect to the iPod it just times out over and over again...
It doesn't even get to the authentication stage of connecting... it just does this (on CuteFTP):

Connection attempt 1:
SSH2_FXP_INIT

...and then stops.

Please help? :(

I had problems with my SSH when i jailbroke my 1.1.4 iPod Touch with ZiPhone....I had to go into installer and install OpenSSH under "System"....Then I could log into SSH

Hope this helps!

jbarr

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
If you are using Windows, I HIGHLY suggest you use WinSCP to transfer files, and use PuTTY for command line access. I have tried a couple FTP clients (I have not tried CuteFTP) and I they were never as solid as WinSCP is. Of course, YMMV...

Louis6321

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Don't worry

A: I'm using mac
B: I already had openSSH
C: user: root pass: alpine
D: There is another subsystem other than BSD that some guy suggested on another forum so i'll try that

thx anyway guys

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.