Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Markf11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
I have a macbook, running leopard and with the latest updates, but my mac has suddnely decided to constantly quit and then relaunch Finder, bringing up the application folder, but not actually letting me do anything, it quits applications in my dock when i start them, and the only thing i can bring up is disk utility, and that crashes when open too

i have tried re-installing the whole thing, but i'm not quite sure how to do that, i've tried clicking on that when it comes to the start up disk, but the disk just ejects

any idea's?

i don't live near a apple retail store or anything like that, and badly need help, i'd prefer if i didn't have to re-install leopard, as i have some things on my hard drive i havn't yet backed up (photo's, work ect )

i've not been doing anything illegal, no tampering with the script, i restarted it after having it on for a day and a half, and it just suddenly started this

Markf11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
problem still happening :(

and i tried to repair permissions again, but it froze during that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.